This is an interesting concept of « Discount ». When shopping recently for a daily used product , we picked the « Discount » as it looked exactly the same as the one we used to buy.
Only be sheer accident did we happen to have an old roll and a new roll side by side.
Ups, well I thought maybe, just maybe the size has changed to accomodate a new production method. Maybe there are more sheets, just more densly rolled.
No, it is simply 10% smaller AND 18% lighter! Whoa, what a genuine bargin this is, and we can fit more of the rolls into the allocated spaces.
This opens up a whole range of thoughts.
- If we do not reduce our usage by at least 18% we will end up with more inner rolls or grow pots for bean seeds?
- If our guests now use more of these « rolls » can we negatively discount our room rates?
- Do we have to change the toilets to match the paper size?
- A synonym for a discount is « take off » a more reasonable description, don’t you think so?
- A FB comment refers to this as –
A common trend which is known as shrinkflation made famous by Toblerone!
- How about oversized dwarf rolls….. enough of that…..